[Scottish] Glasgow hacks & hackers day (tickets available soon)

Judith Townend judith at scraperwiki.com
Thu Feb 17 15:00:29 UTC 2011

Hello all,

I work part-time for Scraperwiki, the data mining & scaping start up (
http://scraperwiki.com)

Last year we ran a series of 'hacks and hackers' events for journalists,
designers, bloggers and computer programmers and we have a couple more lined
up for 2011.

The idea is to get teams working on innovative data-driven projects, with
potential for journalistic use.

Eg:
http://blog.scraperwiki.com/2010/07/23/hacks-and-hackers-hack-day-liverpool-policemen-judges-and-libraries/

Or watch this video:
http://blog.scraperwiki.com/2010/12/13/belfast-hacks-hackers-the-video/

BBC Scotland and the BBC College of Journalism are sponsoring the Glasgow
event on* 25th March 2011 - *
it will be completely free for participants. Guardian Open Platform are
sponsoring the prizes. Obviously BBC folk will attend, but it's open to
anyone else too.

I wanted to give you a heads-up about it before launch on Monday (21st Feb).
It would be fantastic if you could tell your colleagues / friends about it.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Many thanks in advance

best wishes

Jude