[Scottish] Start of PenguinFactory Spring Clean!

Roland Ward roland.ward at penguinfactory.co.uk
Wed Jan 5 17:23:32 UTC 2011

We are moving offices again and as part of the move we are clearing out
a whole load of old equipment. I'm going to post a list when I've
compiled the list but I've got two items to start off with which I'd
like to get rid of.

1 ASUS EeePC 701 Laptop White (dead) - fun, lightweight, and now sadly
completely dead. No lights or anything. I've used the RAM for another
machine but the battery, etc are intact. I wonder if anyone wants it for
spares?

2 HP-ProLiant DL380 G3
(see
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/11473_div/11473_div.html
for specs)

A beast of a server. Back in the day (2003-4) this was top rate. It's
got 1.5Gb RAM, 6x36Gb SCSI hotswap RAID, ILO card, Redundant power
supply and 2CPU's. Supports Linux fully but it's 32bit only though and
won't support HVM for virtualisation. It's also noisy and very heavy
(approx 25Kg). Hence this is a collect from my house only. We're up in
the west end of Glasgow so not great for parking I'm afraid! However it
completely free to a good home and I'm sure someone wants it. It would
make a very reliable phone server at least as that's what we used it
last for here...

Drop me an email if you want either. Many, many more bits and pieces to
come!

Roland

--
Roland Ward (Director)

Penguin Factory Ltd
www.penguinfactory.co.uk
Tel: 0845 868 3988

PenguinFactory Limited is a limited company registered in Scotland registered in Scotland number SC270171.
Registered office: Penguin Factory Limited, c/o Sinclair Wood and Co. 90 Mitchell Street Glasgow. G1 3NQ.