[Scottish] BBS / mini social network network software

Lisha Sterling lishevita at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 21:20:43 UTC 2013

Hi Colin,

Have you looked at Drupal? I've used it for many professional projects over
the course of the last 8 or 9 years. This past weekend at Hackathon for
Disaster Response we built two different systems -- major apps for disaster
response -- on the Drupal framework. (To give you some context, the same
group met in September, and software we built there was used during
Hurricane Sandy relief less than two months later and some of it has been
adopted for "official" use by FEMA in the US.)

Drupal 7 is fantastic. The CMS out of the box comes with forums, blogs and
user pages. If you'd like help picking out some of the best third party
modules for the other functionality you need, just send me an email
off-list and I'll happily give you a hand.

- Lisha

PS *INTERNATIONAL **SPACE APPS CHALLENGE IS THIS WEEKEND*. (ahem) Have you
guys signed up? I'd love to see you there, and we have 10 spots left.
http://spaceappschallenge.org/location/glasgow :)