ScotLUG :: Thursday 26th May

William Nelson wnelson at cmdcore.net
Thu May 26 12:24:16 UTC 2016

Hello all,

Tonight's the night for another ScotLUG. As we didn't get quite as many
lightning talks to fill out a full evening, I have another discussion
topic to get into.

First, Myself and Peter will go ahead with our lightning talks.

Then, seeing as we meet in the city, I think it'd be good to discuss the
relatively recent changes to Glasgow Libraries Wifi provision. Glasgow
Life Wifi at libraries are currently contracted out to a 3rd party,
completely removed from any semblance of GCC involvement. The discussion
can cover what we think libraries should be, what services they should
provide, and how.

Their privacy policy can be found here:
http://purpleportal.net/access/agreement/privacy

If you can, take a quick browser before tonight, it's pretty short.

Hope to see you tonight!

Will Nelson