ScotLUG :: Thursday 27th June 2019

Kenny Coyle kenny at heloo.net
Sat Jun 22 12:53:55 UTC 2019

Hi Folks!

The next ScotLUG will be on Thursday 27th June May at the usual spot, the
Electron Club in the CCA. We should be kicking around the Electron Club
around 6:45 PM. We will be aiming to start the talk at 7:30 PM.

As makers, tinkerers and general technical people, we find that we are
increasingly relying on third party software as a service to organise
ourselves. There are a number of Free Software solutions that we can run
ourselves as a replacement for some of these products and services.

During this sessions, we are going to discuss:

   - Which software-as-a-service products to people use on a day to day
   basis.
   - Which free software solutions availale, which ones are attendees
   running for themselves.
   - What are the barriers to self hosting. How much infrastructure do we
   really need.
   - Are there other community alternatives?
   - Should we care?

Following the talk we will be adjourning to a local bar, this is likely to
Henglers Circus, across the road from the CCA. There is no requirement to
purchase food or drink if you don’t want to.

Hope to see you all there.

Cheers,
kenny.