[Sderby] (no subject)

Gerry Mayfield sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Aug 27 07:46:00 2002

My question is emabarrassingly simple, but as complete Linux novice (and =
Unix) I need to check what is, for most people, obvious.

Our Linux box has been set up by a supplier and has 3 partitions (/, =
swap and /home).  The / directory has only 3% free space and I believe =
this is sometimes causing problems.  I need to understand the boundarys =
of each partition. =20

There is a directory called 'home' is everything uner that directory the =
'/home' partition, and if so I cannot see anything called 'swap', but =
once identified, presumably the rest is '/'?

I am probably miles off the mark, but really need some help =
understanding this.

Thanks for any help anyone can render.

Gerry M