[Sderby] RE:SuSE

Dominic Knight sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Aug 29 01:04:00 2002

If you are thinking of something like an IDE interface, along the lines o=
f=20
those windows thingies, maybe some are available? The done thing in Linux=
 is=20
to plan ahead and then fire up a text editor to type it up,  Using SuSE 8=
.0=20
you may want to try the (no longer) experimental gcc3.0 which will not ha=
ve=20
been installed by default but is apparently far more standardized as well=
 as=20
ca[able of compiling faster code. Better yet would be to get the latest=20
version from net (check our websites link page) it's a huge download thou=
gh=20
so maybe it is possible to install what you have and patch up.=20

For simple graphical interfaces, it's well worth checking out the ncurses=
=20
library.

For non-standard pre-written free linux C/C++ libraries, depends what you=
 want=20
but try google.com.

Regards,
Dom.