[Sderby] Kernel Panic: VFS: Unable to mount root FS on 21:03

David Bottrill sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Dec 23 16:39:01 2002

Chris,

I have then non-SCSI version of this board, running SuSE8.0 as my
server, When I tried to install SuSE8.1 on it, it would boot, but I
couldn't get it to recognise any network cards I installed so for the
time being I reverted back to 8.0.

I now have removable drive caddies so I can easily swap out my boot disk
to try it with another. As this is now quite an old board, have you
looked for any BIOS updates?

By the may I never could get the USB interfaces to work reliably with
any version of Linux, I think there are some serious problems with this
board.

David Bottrill