[Sderby] Virtual Meetings

Mini Mike sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Oct 16 23:23:01 2002

All,

At the last formal meeting, the idea was put forward to have virtual meet=
ings. =20
The idea being that in addition to the formal and informal meetings, we c=
ould=20
meet up online.  One idea is to meet in an IRC channel.  I believe that A=
lan=20
had an SDerby channel setup on an IRC server.  Is this still the case Ala=
n? =20
Persuamble it would be better if we had several channels to keep the=20
conversations seperate?  Would it be better if we had our own IRC server?=
 =20
Can anyone think of any other ways of holding virtual meetings?  Are ther=
e=20
anyways of doing a voice link?  Would this work with a 56K link?

Mike.