[Sderby] Compact Flash Disks

Tony Martin sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Oct 18 20:20:09 2002

Thanks for that info

I'm wondering 2 things.

1. What about a basic O/S on one?
2a What are the maximum times the flashes can be re-written? How sson would
that be reached with Smooth chattering away
2b (8) Are there RAM card equivalents
2c  Can you set them to be read only and then have a RAM drive for storage
(perhaps with networked storage?) It should make it very protectable. You
have a little switch on the front of you machine to allow or stop updating
of the flash.
2d Anyway of bringing down the power consumption. I don't think the HDD uses
that much power especially in low power mode.
2e What about using an old portable?
2f Any other thoughts?
2g Better stop now as am running out of letters!

Cheers
Tony