[Sderby] networking

mark wilkes sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Oct 25 16:25:00 2002

Dave,
My main motivation for trying Linux (suse8) is that I was basically fed up
with windows 98 and having previously worked on Unix servers for Marconi
comms it seemed the logical o/s to try.(Also because it was free, Thanks to
the lug & Dom).
I was very impressed with the disk partitioning & desktop environment and
applications available. But found I had forgot most of my Unix commands so
struggled a little at first, but getting there the more I play around.
The only thing I have not been able to do is get my usb devices to work
(cd-rw & scanner).
I will utilise suse to run on my server. Which I couldn't really do with the
windows o/s I have. So in general I am very pleased with Linux and believe
with more experience I will be shell scripting with more confidence and
hopefully learning c/c++ programming.
Cheers Mark.