[Sderby] modem

mark wilkes sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Oct 26 21:10:01 2002

David, Dom, Dave & lads

I have inserted the following script into  /etc/init.d/boot.local to ensu=
re my=20
modem works on bootup without having to load the modules everytime.

# Here you should add things, that should happen directly after booting
# before we're going to the first run level.
=2E/configure --with-hal=3Dpct789
make
insmod pctel
insmod ptserial
mwilkes@linux:/etc/init.d

This works ok but if I hang up and then later try to reconnect to the web=
 my=20
machine reboots itself.
My modem is a hsp micromodem 56K. Running suse 8.0.

Also I cannot shutdown properly from script or using the GUI the shutdown=
 acts=20
correctly but stops responding at the line Firewall personal ....etc.

Any Ideas ?
Cheers Mark