[Sderby] Friday's meeting

Mini Mike sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Oct 27 17:22:02 2002

All,

Last Friday's meeting went ahead and was a sound sucess!  We had a grand =
turn=20
out of 5 and a good time was had by all.  The only issue that arose was h=
ow=20
do new memebers find the group?  The answer: "Look for the geeks!" gave r=
ise=20
to the question: "What does a geek look like?"  Some research on google h=
as=20
turned up some interesting points:

* Geeks like science fiction
* Geeks like technology
* Geeks are very intelligent
* Geeks love solving problems
* Geeks make the best lovers
* Geeks love fixing things

I guess that means Star Trek tee-shirts and a laptop on the table running=
 a=20
Rubiks Cube simulator!  Apparently other features are a complex digital w=
rist=20
watch and a Swiss Army Knife.  A final test (with bouncers on stand-by) i=
s to=20
throw in a question like: "Kirk or Picard" and wait to see if sparks fly!

To make things simpler, I'm tring to arrange a Penguin!

See you all next week.

Mike.