[Sderby] Open Office and Suse and various problems

astraguy sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Sep 4 21:47:00 2002

Hi Tony,
I have suSe now working ok including  Open Office and my modem
I have been online tonight with SuSE and updated my software ,
I have updated my star office from 5.2 to 6.00 and the updates
work ok ,I have not had any problems after sorting out the boot
up problem,I have also loaded some more third party software
without any problems ,It seems very strange that you find the
system slow mine is ok but I do have 120 gig hard drives ,
maybe that is your problem with not having a lot of space
on your hard drive.
cheers Mike