[Sderby] Urgent need for Linux Guru in Reading

Ian Simpson sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Sep 5 20:47:01 2002

Hi

One of my many pastimes is unpaid webmaster for The British
Colostomy Association (BCA) charity <http://www.bcass.org..uk>
based in Reading.  They have just had their internet access
terminated by their ISP for alleged persistent spamming.

It turns out they have installed a M$ IIS server which seems to
spend all night shooting off junk mail. I've recommended they
investigate dumping it and install Linux, not just on their
server but their office network too (I think they have 7
machines connected) although that might be going a bit too far
for them as they're all microsoftees. :-/

Does anyone know anyone in the Reading area who will be willing
to visit them, sort out what would be best and give them an idea
of the cost/effort/implications?  Unfortunately I don't know
enough to help them. It will need to be kept verrrrrry simple.

If you do know of someone, please send me the details and I'll
pass them on to the BCA.

p.s. I've had a look at the local Berks LUG site - it says it'll
be ready by April :-/

Thanks,

Ian
iansimpson@clara.co.uk