[Sderby] Sundays session killed my X

Dominic Knight sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Sep 10 22:34:01 2002

On Monday 09 September 2002 13:45, Stanton Vale wrote:
> Well that and a bit of fiddling on my part. I lost the 3D at the Sunday
> meeting (anyone seen it? 8)

I have never done it so this may be useless;
You could look in /usr/share/doc/packages/nv_glx/ and=20
/usr/src/kernel-modules/nv_glx/README NVIDIA_GLX
'apropos nvidia' also suggest 'man nv'

see what '3Ddiag' tells you (typed in a terminal)
install any needed software
if you can't get Sax2 working you might get by with editing /etc/sysconfi=
first login as root and 'init 1' to kill x and go into single user mode
'vi /etc/sysconfig'
move around to find a line something like SCRIPT_3D=3D"switch2nvidia_glx"=
 if it=20
doesn't say that make sure it does. vi commands [insert], change text [es=
c],=20
'init 3'

cross your fingers and make sacrifices to local gods.

Dom