[Sderby] Sundays session killed my X

Wong, Peter sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Sep 10 18:05:01 2002

Which version of windoze were you running. Anything up to 98/NT4 it is
possible to boot with the startup disk and use [fdisk /mbr] which will
recover windoze, (not sure of the rest but I think it still applies), but
you will have to then re-install Linux. Make sure you know which partitions
windoze sits on if you have more than one and don't touch them, best to go
by the size. Check your M$ drive sizes. It will probably be /hda, but that
is just a guide. During the Linux install create a /boot (16 - 32Meg), swap
(memory size +, or 2 X Memory on board, Red Hat 7.3 requirement), and /
(root) the rest, if nothing else, all using the free space available (unless
you are loading anything else). Then put the Linux loader on /hda this
should then give you the option to dual boot.

If you had the above Linux partitions they should still be there, they just
have to be edited and re-declared.

Cheers

Pete