[Sderby] ISP Recommendations

Ashley Heath sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Sep 29 21:38:01 2002

On Sun, 29 Sep 2002 19:42:35 +0000
Mini Mike <hemstock@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> Dear dear Ashley, why did you move there then :-)

Been asking myself the exact same question ;) But then again life in the country does have other benefits.

> Along the same lines I live in an area with no broadband (parents fault, not
> mine :-))  Does anyone know how much installation and line rental is for
> ISDN?  Also, how much is it for unmetered duel circuit access?

Already been looking into this, Home Highway which has 2x PSTN ports and 2x 64Kb ISDN costs £13.50 on top of what we pay in rental for a standard BT line. £28 p/month total. (BT Together with local calls option)
Maximum line length for Home Highway is 8.5km, I make it just under that at 7.5km :)

For 64k unmetered it costs anything from £15 p/month.

128k unmetered costs from £20-£30, but from newsgroup postings is far from reliable.
http://www.giointernet.com/
http://www.vispa.co.uk/
+ may be some others

Ash