[Sderby] ISP Recommendations

Tony Martin sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Sep 30 07:56:00 2002

Although it is a few years away, there was recently a flight of a solar
powerered aircraft. The idea is it circles geostationary (relatively). It
runs on batteries overnight, and is designed to run for years. Being much
lower it can use reduced signal powers from aircraft and from homes than a
satelite version. This may well offer broadband to the sticks! Don't hold
your breath, but I think it might be something which will be pushed over the
next few years.

Cheers
Tony