[Sderby] SuSE 8.2

David Jolley sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Apr 9 20:56:00 2003

* James Gibbon (james.gibbon@virgin.net) wrote:
> Ah, but that was part of my point - I believe you'll find that
> the spurious character is translated from '=0D', which is the
> representation given by mime in the message body source - so the
> regexp in your procmail rule should literally be '=0D$' - it
> shouldn't contain the spurious character that it's translated
> to by your mailer.

Now he tells me :)

I had a couple of goes before I hit on the =0D MIME encoding scheme.
It took me a grep through my maildir before I noticed.

You are, of course, dead right about the regexp.

Next time, can you tell me the labour saving tip sooner :)

Cheers,

Dave.

--
  Imagination abandoned by reason produces impossible monsters;
  united with her, she is the mother of the arts.