[Sderby] Suse and Sendmail

Matthew Humphreys matthew.humphreys at emsolutions.co.uk
Wed Dec 10 08:09:36 GMT 2003

Hi there,

I have just installed SUSE 8.2 on my spare box to have a play with.

I've managed to setup my ISDN conection and firewall etc, and fetchmail
to collect my mail from my virtual server (so I can disribute the mail
locally).

However, sendmail is giving me a few headaches.

The first problem is the old "relaying not allowed" when I try to send
mail out through the box.  All I want the box to do is forward all
outgoing mail to an smtp server at a 193.88.110.xxx address.  Is there
any easy way to do this to avoid the "relaying not allowed" problem.  My
local ip address is 192.168.0.xxx etc.

The second question is this.....  My main email address is my works
account, which as the same domain that all my collegues use.  None of
these are local users on my SUSE box, as the connect to my virtual
server (193.88.110.xxx) to collect their mail.  I need to tell the SUSE
box that it can accept mail for me (mrh at emsolutions.co.uk) but send mail
for all other @emsolutions.co.uk addresses to the other box.  Can this
be done?  How?

Hope that someone can explain to a newbie how his can be achieved.

I have installed webmin, which might make things a bit easier.

Many thanks

Matthew