[Sderby] Mounting a digital camera

sderby@mailman.lug.org.uk sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Jan 2 18:50:00 2003

Mike

I have had a second look at the issue and I am very confused.

When I click on Control Centre > Available Hardware > Disks > Optio 330GS it
does not report any futher details.

I presume you meant Control Centre > YAST2 modules > Hardware > Hardware
info

This reports stuff  I understand for the hard disk i.e.
Disk > QUANTUM FIREBALL EX6.4    > Device name: /dev/hda
Disk > QUANTUM FIREBALL EX6.4    > Resources > driver: ide-disk

When I look at the Camera I see:
Disk > PENTAX OPTIO GS330   >  There is no Device Name: /dev/anything
reported, and similarly
Disk > PENTAX OPTIO GS330    > Resources >  There is no driver being
reported

This is consistent with /proc/bus/usb/devices as well as
/proc/bus/usb/drivers being empty documents. My conclusion is that the USB
hot swapping is working OK but that it is not picking up the parameters is
should be, probably because my camera is not listed in the file it is
looking at.

Do you agree.

Andre