[Sderby] Mounting a digital camera

Mini Mike sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Jan 2 21:00:00 2003

Hmm, you'll find that you get things in usb even if the device isn't supp=
orted=20
becase it can read manufacture and model info as part of the USB standard=
s. =20
Though it makes me wonder why it is seeing it as a disk and not assigning=
 it=20
a SCSI device.  Have you tried it on win2k?  Does it see it as a disk and=
=20
does it need drvers installing?  Might be worth doing a google too.

Mike.

On Thursday 02 January 2003 18:47, andre.hefer@avhservices.co.uk wrote:
> Mike
>
> I have had a second look at the issue and I am very confused.
>
> When I click on Control Centre > Available Hardware > Disks > Optio 330=
GS
> it does not report any futher details.
>
> I presume you meant Control Centre > YAST2 modules > Hardware > Hardwar=
> info
>
> This reports stuff  I understand for the hard disk i.e.
> Disk > QUANTUM FIREBALL EX6.4    > Device name: /dev/hda
> Disk > QUANTUM FIREBALL EX6.4    > Resources > driver: ide-disk
>
> When I look at the Camera I see:
> Disk > PENTAX OPTIO GS330   >  There is no Device Name: /dev/anything
> reported, and similarly
> Disk > PENTAX OPTIO GS330    > Resources >  There is no driver being
> reported
>
> This is consistent with /proc/bus/usb/devices as well as
> /proc/bus/usb/drivers being empty documents. My conclusion is that the =
USB