[Sderby] Mounting a digital camera

Andrew White sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Jan 3 09:17:00 2003

> This is consistent with /proc/bus/usb/devices as well as
> /proc/bus/usb/drivers being empty documents. My conclusion is that the USB
> hot swapping is working OK but that it is not picking up the parameters is
> should be, probably because my camera is not listed in the file it is
> looking at.
[snip]

When you look through dmesg, do you see any 'usb mass storage' devices
being reported?

Or can you check whether usb-storage module is being loaded (lsmod)
by the kernel?

This driver is needed to mount the devices, as well as the scsi emulation.
You also need sd_mod (scsi disc) loaded.

I'm not sure if you're confident with compiling a kernel yourself, but
you may not need to...

Andy