[Sderby] Happy birthday revolution

sderby@mailman.lug.org.uk sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Jan 3 10:02:01 2003

as this is my first post to this list, i'll take this opportunity to say hi to
everyone. i recently moved to Derby after finishing my degree (BSc in
Cybernetics and Virtual Worlds), and i've wanted to get into a LUG for ages,
but never had the chance. so i thought i'd come along to one of your pub
meetings and introduce myself properly. I've been using linux for various
things for about 3 years, mainly servers for games like Half-Life, and for web
page serving. normal stuff.

anyway, back to the reason for posting in the first place. Is the Babington
Arms on Babington Lane? i know its a stupid question, but i still get lost
around Derby so i kinda stick to places that i know.
When is the next meeting? what do you actually do there? do you just drink and
chat? do you just meet in the bar? or do you use a function room?

sorry to ask so many questions.

Ian Spratt