[Sderby] Happy birthday revolution

Tony Martin sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Jan 3 12:27:01 2003

--------------060405050603030007050604

Hi Ian, just to say welcome and maybe see you at next meeting

Tony (The guy who brings all the junk each month!  8)

slh@f2s.com wrote:

>as this is my first post to this list, i'll take this opportunity to say hi to
>everyone. i recently moved to Derby after finishing my degree (BSc in
>Cybernetics and Virtual Worlds), and i've wanted to get into a LUG for ages,
>but never had the chance. so i thought i'd come along to one of your pub
>meetings and introduce myself properly. I've been using linux for various
>things for about 3 years, mainly servers for games like Half-Life, and for web
>page serving. normal stuff.
>
>anyway, back to the reason for posting in the first place. Is the Babington
>Arms on Babington Lane? i know its a stupid question, but i still get lost
>around Derby so i kinda stick to places that i know.
>When is the next meeting? what do you actually do there? do you just drink and
>chat? do you just meet in the bar? or do you use a function room?
>
>sorry to ask so many questions.
>
>Ian Spratt
>

>Quoting Mini Mike <hemstock@tiscali.co.uk>:
>

>>All,
>>
>>Yesterday was the 20th aniversory of the day the ARPAnet swtiched to TCP/IP,
>>
>>which many mark as the most logical birth of the internet and to celebrate
>>we're having a party at the Babington Arms.  All are welcome - bring your
>>modems :-)
>>
>>Friday 3rd 19:30 - late
>>
>>Mike.

--------------060405050603030007050604

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Hi Ian, just to say welcome and maybe see you at next meeting<br>
Tony (The guy who brings all the junk each month! &nbsp;8)<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:slh@f2s.com">slh@f2s.com</a> wrote:<br>
 cite="mid1041588100.3e155f84bd4a9@webmail.freedom2surf.net">
  <pre wrap="">as this is my first post to this list, i'll take this opportunity to say hi to
everyone. i recently moved to Derby after finishing my degree (BSc in
Cybernetics and Virtual Worlds), and i've wanted to get into a LUG for ages,
but never had the chance. so i thought i'd come along to one of your pub
meetings and introduce myself properly. I've been using linux for various
things for about 3 years, mainly servers for games like Half-Life, and for web
page serving. normal stuff.

anyway, back to the reason for posting in the first place. Is the Babington
Arms on Babington Lane? i know its a stupid question, but i still get lost
around Derby so i kinda stick to places that i know.
When is the next meeting? what do you actually do there? do you just drink and
chat? do you just meet in the bar? or do you use a function room?

sorry to ask so many questions.

Ian Spratt

Quoting Mini Mike <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:hemstock@tiscali.co.uk">&lt;hemstock@tiscali.co.uk&gt;</a>:

  </pre>