[Sderby] kppp & SuSE Linux 8.1

Gordon Mitchell sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Jan 24 09:09:01 2003

David,

I have had similar problems going from Suse 7.3 to 8. My fix was as follows

Edit /etc/ppp/options and uncomment the following options
noipdefault
ipcp-accept-local
ipcp-accept-remote

I also had to edit /etc/ppp/peers/kppp and add the following entries.
(However this was only required for one of the connections I use.)

defaultroute
replacedefaultroute

I have to admit that as a user rather than a developer of linux, I can
symathaise and agree with you comments.

Regards
Gordon