[Sderby] my make won't make!

Dave Williams sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Jul 13 17:51:01 2003

Hi everyone

I've lurked on this list for some time and finally I have a question.

I've installed Suse 8.2 and in attempting to add the Nvidia driver I've
followed the instructions but I get an error

  make: *** No rule to make target 'oldconfig'. Stop.

This is after issuing the command 'make oldconfig'

Any ideas why the make command doesn't work and how I can fix it?

Background: I'm the ICT coordinator at a large secondary school in Derby
and I'm about to do my annual update of our 3 Suse based servers.

This does not mean that I understand everything about Linux so
explanations need to be detailed.

TIA

Dave Williams