[Sderby] Wooo!

Mike Hemstock sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Jul 27 21:30:01 2003

I haven't a clue how to setup digest, so I've done it for you!

On Sunday 27 July 2003 03:57, Flash=B9=B3 Egis-Minsky wrote:
    Just a <s>quick</s> * update...

    I got Red Hat 9.1, downloaded ISO's and still using it  3 days after!
 thats more than some girlfriends!!!! and it worked first time, unlike some
 girlfriends!!!

    ntl: cable modem on usb was easy to setup for (red hat) linux -Eth0 set=
up
 as a eithernet connection, as NTL have there ambit 35000 (please note that
 make all ntl:100 users, the word bandaged came up alot of the resources i
 read ;) ) seems to connect thru the same ports, jsut different connection
 (is that normal on USB?)... simple...

    I have had some problems installing GF2 mx 400 (64 mb) updated drivers,
 but thats cuz i'm stupid! I cant find a "bash" promt wihtout loading Xserv=
er

    :$..... help!

    Oh. And I dont get the "start" menu on gnome... it doesnt update with n=
ew
    packages installed does it? and i cant isntall thru the terminal,
 (terminal seems to connect to localhost as a literal terminal, just to it's
 self) so i could do with someone telling me how to install stuff properly!

    I have found how ever, i do prefer gnome to KDE. Ttryed both on first
    install, formatted and instaled usefull stuf for seond, of which only
 Gnome was inclueded (opps, how did that happem ?!)

    I'm afraid i wont be able to attend a meeting (offical) till 21/sept,
 maybe later depending on transport... as aug31 is mine and my girlfriend's
 1yr going out, so I'll be "busy". Is Moria Hathern end of Zouch? I used to
 live in Long Whatton (about 1/2 of a mile other side of Hathern :D) So I c=
an
 get to the Esso station at worst, some one must use the A6 to get there
 :D)))

    well, love a and leave ya, its nearly 4 am sunday morning, too sober, t=
oo
    sunday

    ^Polaris^ kiss me god damnit! and, do you come here often?

    Flash13 (cant find the superscript 1 and 3 yet, on the "todo" list tho,
 as it IS part of my nick (_help_))

    PS, Did I over use my quota of (brackets)?

    PPS Do I need that much help you should all lodge?

    PPPS What the hell do I need to do to get of dialy digests?

    *I know that doesnt work, well, not here or is it just hotmail that, th=
at
    doesnt work without the html tags