[Sderby] Networking

David Coulson sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue May 27 11:57:03 2003

Hi to all, especially those networking guru's out there. Here is my
query. I wish to network my wife's computer and my own and then switch
to broadband. Neither of us wants to lose our email addresses and we
wish to share the broadband line with two telephones (one upstairs and
the other down), a fax/phone answering machine, and two computers
obviously. We have a horrendous system of divided phone lines at the moment.
One suggestion has been to set up a network with wireless cards plugged
into our usb ports. Has anyone done this and would it meet our other
requirements. Oh and we use two different ISP's for our current access
on two separate modems. (The wife works from home you see and wishes to
protect her interests).
Any comments would be welcome and its got to work on Linux AND the other
one (ME that is).
Cheers Dave Coulson