[Sderby] Networking

James Gibbon sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue May 27 13:03:00 2003

David Coulson wrote:
> Hi to all, especially those networking guru's out there. Here is my
> query. I wish to network my wife's computer and my own and then switch
> to broadband. Neither of us wants to lose our email addresses

Hi Dave,

It's all do-able, but I haven't done it myself so I'll defer to
someone who has.  But I wanted to make a small point about email
addresses as many people aren't aware of this - you don't need
to lose your email address when you change ISP.  For example, I
currently connect via ntlworld, but still use my virgin.net
email address as you can see - I just continue to use the virgin
mailserver config.

James