[Sderby] Video Card Help for SuSe 6.2

Laurie L Proud laurie at g0llp.fsnet.co.uk
Sat Oct 11 07:52:42 BST 2003

Hello Folks,

I tried last weekend to install Suse 6.2 on my friends no-name PC
using YAST (1) and SAX.

Came to a grinding halt as the video card isn't identified by SuSe 6.2
and I coulden't get it to go sucessfully in default VGA eather.

The video card is:

ALLIANCE SEMICONDUCTOR AT25 2D/3D ACCELERATOR PROMOTION

The id is FCC: 69577B

Does anyone have a linux driver for this vidio card or any information
to help me install it for him.

It is a case of the blind leading the blind, as I have no experience
installing Linux ATM.

I note with interest that later versions of SuSe have a "have disk"
facility for installing a Windoze driver, or more likely reading the
settings information.

He rearly wants to get his SuSe 6.2 installed, he's had it for a couple
of years and had umteen atempts on his P233.

I first had to recover his other harddrive from the Bugbear at MM
Windoze 32bit worm, which has given him even more incentive to move
to SuSe Linux 6.2 which he has, which reminds me....

During booting LILO his hardware virus detection on the motherboard
got all exited. He's got a boot sector virus apparently. The only
viruses he get's on a regular basis are the usual C**P contained
in Windoze Outlook Express attachment's. So I do not believe what
the virus detection system is telling me. Please confirm LILO does
indeed has a bootstrap that look's somewhat like a virus, as I cannot
believe anything he's picked up from the net could be running after
booting from a SuSe boot floppy.

Many thank's

Laurie

-- Arachne V1.71;UE01, NON-COMMERCIAL copy, http://arachne.cz/