[Sderby] Christmas

Simon Hales s.hales at oldgasworks.org.uk
Thu Oct 16 23:35:53 BST 2003

Have been meaning to get one together since moving in:-)  There are 19
ports free on my switch at last count, and about 70m of cat5 for leads, so
could probably support more network users than can physically get in the
flat!

Was actually trying to buy a copy of Unreal Tournament for my PC today;
tried 3 shops + all sold out!  In the longer term, I will probably get a
reasonably fast box + run a couple of multiplayer games on a dedicated
server on my ADSL.

Can you get away with a slower box, less good graphics card etc if a
machine is used as a "Pure Server" (there seem to be quite a few popular
games that support this) as opposed to the kit needed for decent gameplay?

Regards

Simon