[Sderby] Potts

thegoths sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Sep 4 13:57:05 2003

--=======15FA239D=======

--=====================_15079609==.ALT

Microsoft do do student licences.
mail or phone me for details

Keith

01332 515815

At 21:31 03/09/2003 +0100, you wrote:

>Hello,
>   I'd better introduce myself,:  I'm Mark, and I work on control systems=
 and
>Simulations of  gas turbines (FORTRAN C C++ Matlab perl).    I'm running
>Mandrake 8.1 at the moment and got a debian dvd from the linux emporium
>recently.  I use Solaris 2.5 at work (some VAX VMS too).  I write my=
 scripts
>in perl these days so I can migrate them.
>
>Do the pc's from Potts have an OS installed?
>
>Unfortunately a course I have just signed up for requires that I use=
 Windows
>2000 or XP and M$ DON'T APPEAR TO DO STUDENT LICENCES ANYMORE.
>I might get away with using Mozilla + SVG plug-in plus open babel but I'll
>have to fix up a fall back and the thought of paying M$ =A380 or =A3125=
 grates.
>Otherwise I was considering buying a new base unit from either TAB or=
 Goliath
>in Derby for =A3200 to =A3300.
>

>On Wednesday 03 September 2003 5:08 pm, you wrote:
> > for anyone who's interested
> >
> > Potts, on babington lane in derby, have just taken delivery of another=
 load
> > of Compaq Deskpro EN, small form factor PC's. they had 2 stacks of em,
> > piled 5 foot high. apparently they're gonna sell em for about 40-50 quid
> > Last time they had these in, i think members of SderbyLUG bought most of
> > em.
> >
> > they also had some small form factor Gateway E1400s. these are similar=
> > the compaqs, but newer and faster (P3 850). these are gonna be a bit=
 more
> > expensive.
> >

> > just thought peeps might like to know.
> >
> > Ian

>---
>Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

--=====================_15079609==.ALT

mail or phone me for details<br><br>
Keith<br><br>
01332 515815<br><br>
At 21:31 03/09/2003 +0100, you wrote:<br><br>
&nbsp; I'd better introduce myself,:&nbsp; I'm Mark, and I work on
control systems and <br>
Simulations of&nbsp; gas turbines (FORTRAN C C++ Matlab
perl).&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I'm running <br>
Mandrake 8.1 at the moment and got a debian dvd from the linux emporium
recently.&nbsp; I use Solaris 2.5 at work (some VAX VMS too).&nbsp; I
write my scripts <br>
in perl these days so I can migrate them. <br><br>
Do the pc's from Potts have an OS installed?&nbsp; <br><br>
Unfortunately a course I have just signed up for requires that I use
Windows <br>
2000 or XP and M$ DON'T APPEAR TO DO STUDENT LICENCES
ANYMORE.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>
I might get away with using Mozilla + SVG plug-in plus open babel but
I'll <br>
have to fix up a fall back and the thought of paying M$ =A380 or =A3125
grates.&nbsp; <br>
Otherwise I was considering buying a new base unit from either TAB or
Goliath <br>
in Derby for =A3200 to =A3300.&nbsp; <br><br>
On Wednesday 03 September 2003 5:08 pm, you wrote:<br>
&gt; for anyone who's interested<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Potts, on babington lane in derby, have just taken delivery of
another load<br>
&gt; of Compaq Deskpro EN, small form factor PC's. they had 2 stacks of
em,<br>
&gt; piled 5 foot high. apparently they're gonna sell em for about 40-50
quid<br>
&gt; Last time they had these in, i think members of SderbyLUG bought
most of<br>
&gt; em.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; they also had some small form factor Gateway E1400s. these are
similar to<br>
&gt; the compaqs, but newer and faster (P3 850). these are gonna be a bit
more<br>
&gt; expensive.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; just thought peeps might like to know.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Ian<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; -------------------------------------------------<br>
&gt; Everyone should have
 eudora=3D"autourl">http://www.freedom2surf.net/</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Sderby mailing list<br>
&gt; Sderby@mailman.lug.org.uk<br>
&gt;

&gt; Web site:
 eudora=3D"autourl">http://sderby.lug.org.uk/</a><br>
&gt; wiki:

Web site:
 eudora=3D"autourl">http://sderby.lug.org.uk/</a><br>
wiki:
---<br>
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.<br>
Checked by AVG anti-virus system
(<a href=3D"http://www.grisoft.com/"=
 eudora=3D"autourl">http://www.grisoft.com</a>).<br>

---