[Sderby] Broadband recomendation please

Gordon Mitchell gm at ftel.co.uk
Fri Sep 26 08:28:16 BST 2003

Mark Challener wrote:
> Hello,
>     Can anyone recommend  pipex for broadband?
> Best Regards
>     Mark

> Join us on IRC: irc.lug.org.uk #sderby

Mark,

Yes, I would recommend pipex. I have been using them as part of BT's
extended reach trial for two months now with only one problem.  BT took
ages (10days) to find my copper pairs in the exchange in Tamworth.  Also
3 of my collueges at work also use pipex and have had no major problems.

I have 4 pc's on a lan sharing a 512k pipex adsl line and it is ace!

Gordon
Gordon Mitchell, PDS Engineer                  mailto:gm at ftel.co.uk
Fujitsu Telecommunications Europe Ltd, Birmingham B77 7YU
Tel. +44 121 717 6434  Fax. +44 121 717 6014 Mobile +44 7970 994982