[Sderby] newbie on list

Dan Peachey dan at techfunk.net
Sun Sep 28 14:08:45 BST 2003

> Like Mike and Patrick, I prefer SuSE, and as Pat says Debian
> is good if you are not running Intel X86 Hardware. I run SuSE
> as my main Desktop and I have 3 servers running SuSE and I
> have no problems whatsoever. I took the plunge about 2 1/2
> years ago and switched from Window$ 2000 to SuSE and I
> haven't looked back, there are some very good opensource
> applications out there that in a lot of cases are better than
> equivalent Window$ applications.

I run Debian on servers, I find it an excellent distro, but I have not
yet made the jump to Linux on the desktop. I tried Mandrake before as a
workstation but found it to be a bit bloated and slow, so I went back to
XP. I may give SuSE a try then as I have only ever heard good things
about it. It doesn't seem as if you can download a SuSE ISO? If I have
to buy it can anyone recommend a cheap place to get it?

Cheers, Dan