[Sderby] S.u.S.E. 8.2 etc.

Graham Hamblin graham_hamblin24SYZYGY at btinternet.com
Mon Sep 29 13:16:08 BST 2003

Hi

"Linux Exporium are selling the full pro boxed version of 8.2 for £25,
so I would think that 8.3 must be fairly imminent."

PCWorld are selling the Pro version for £20 and the other one for £10.

I am sorry to hear John is going to do other things because he has been
a good source of help in the past.

So I rejoined the group, a couple of weeks ago, cured of years of
devotion to Slackware I now have S.u.S.E. 8.2 on my box.

The addition to my email address seems to have foiled the spammers, 150
odd mucky pictures a day before, none now.   Mozilla 1.4 which off the
Linux Format Mag., when I was using Slackware, was promising in
remembering and sorting spam.    Just hope it's included in the next
S.uS.E. release.

Still using a modem, wonder how anyone else is coping with Linux and
broadband.   I only have an old box, no usb ports only com ports.   How
do you guys do it on old boxes.

Regards
Graham Hamblin
Burton upon Trent.