[Sderby] S.u.S.E. 8.2 etc.

David Bottrill david at bottrill.org
Mon Sep 29 18:50:07 BST 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 14:21, Graham Hamblin wrote:
> Hi
>
> "Linux Exporium are selling the full pro boxed version of 8.2 for £25,
> so I would think that 8.3 must be fairly imminent."
>
> PCWorld are selling the Pro version for £20 and the other one for £10.
>
> I am sorry to hear John is going to do other things because he has been
> a good source of help in the past.
>
> So I rejoined the group, a couple of weeks ago, cured of years of
> devotion to Slackware I now have S.u.S.E. 8.2 on my box.

A wise choice.

> The addition to my email address seems to have foiled the spammers, 150
> odd mucky pictures a day before, none now.   Mozilla 1.4 which off the
> Linux Format Mag., when I was using Slackware, was promising in
> remembering and sorting spam.    Just hope it's included in the next
> S.uS.E. release.

I downloaded it yesterday from www.ussr-local-bin.org it works
brillirantly on SuSE 8.2

> Still using a modem, wonder how anyone else is coping with Linux and
> broadband.   I only have an old box, no usb ports only com ports.   How
> do you guys do it on old boxes.

I have a cable modem connection and use a LinkSys router to provide
access to all my PCs / Servers.

My webserver www.bottrill.org is just running on a PII 300!! and SuSE
8.2 of course. I just use the Port-Forwarding feature of my router to
rounte incomming HTTP requests to my web server.

> Regards
> Graham Hamblin
> Burton upon Trent.
> 200 yds from the Derbys border.
I can beat that I live in Nottingham and I attent most meetings.

Dave

--
David Bottrill <david at bottrill.org>