[Sderby] distro for newbie

claire claire at bootiful.eclipse.co.uk
Mon Sep 29 19:39:57 BST 2003

Well chaps we are at evens here I think!  SuSE    4  Mandrake   4 .

I am going to be downloading linux onto a new empty HD retaining W98SE on
the other HD while I learn to use linux and train my (almost) 10 yr old
daughter to use it as well.  What I could do with is coming to one of your
meetings so that I could see Linux in action as no one else I know has this
OS (they are all microsoft junkies).
Plus you wonderful chaps could talk me through installation  (please please
please <big smile>). And maybe one of you could show me how to network our
two pc's together on linux (it is right now on W's) as small person ain't
allowed to use mine!
By the time the meeting takes place I will have decided which distro to use
but SuSE seems to be getting the edge slightly.

Thanks for all your advice so far though chaps, much appreciated.

Claire