[Sderby] Monitor problems

Derek Huskisson derek at huskisson.free-online.co.uk
Tue Sep 30 19:44:59 BST 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 14:39, Ashley Heath wrote:
> My monitor has just started playing up, it started with the occasional display reset as if the power was quickly being turned off and back on, this probably happened 3-4 times over the past week. Now it has started doing this every few seconds, each time with a clicking sound like a whip cracking and the display resetting several times.
>
> Does anyone know what may be causing this?
> Any help appreciated.
> Thanks
> Ash

Hello
	sounds like the EHT is shorting to somewhere it shouldn't. Can be
caused by a bad connection in the EHT circuits. May be worth while
switching off and taking the cover off and having a look. You could be
lucky and find that it's a dead moth or beetle, but it's highly likely
it needs professional attention from a TV repair man.
 You know of cause, the standard disclaimer about the voltages inside a
monitor which can cause death (or at least a nasty hole in your finger
-- personal experience -- wasn't my finger though!!)

				Derek Huskisson

--
Derek Huskisson <derek at huskisson.free-online.co.uk>