[Sderby] LVM

Mike Hemstock hemstock at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Dec 21 00:12:59 GMT 2004

Does anyone have any experience with LVM?  I have built used LVM on several
machines and found it to be a great tool.  However, the one problem I have is
that if the box has an uncontrolled shutdown (powercut, etc) then I have
encountered very serious file system corruption that has destroyed at least 3
partitions.  I have tried fsck, but this doesn't resolve the problems.  I
have ran machines with reiserfs and never had a problem.  I have only ever
used reiserfs in LVM.  Does anyone have any experience of this?  Would a
different filesystem be better for use with LVM?  Are there any recovery
tools for LVM?  Does anyone have any other ideas?

Mike.