[Sderby] LVM

Ian Spratt slh at f2s.com
Tue Dec 21 11:16:42 GMT 2004

Mike Hemstock wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience with LVM?  I have built used LVM on several
> machines and found it to be a great tool.  However, the one problem I have is
> that if the box has an uncontrolled shutdown (powercut, etc) then I have
> encountered very serious file system corruption that has destroyed at least 3
> partitions.  I have tried fsck, but this doesn't resolve the problems.  I
> have ran machines with reiserfs and never had a problem.  I have only ever
> used reiserfs in LVM.  Does anyone have any experience of this?  Would a
> different filesystem be better for use with LVM?  Are there any recovery
> tools for LVM?  Does anyone have any other ideas?
>
> Mike.

I use LVM, but as far as i know i've never had an uncontrolled shutdown
on any of them. if i have, i havent noticed anything going missing. i
did read into this alot when i was first setting it all up, and no one
said anything bad about using reiserfs.
as for recovery tools, i dont know of any at all.
Ian