[Sderby] Red Hat 9 Modem Config Problem

Paul Grosse paul-grosse at ntlworld.com
Thu Dec 23 14:05:10 GMT 2004

On Wednesday 22 December 2004 12:45, CFDColin at aol.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've loaded RH9 which seems to run fine - but I've like to be able to
> access the internet with it.
>
> I'm using an external 56k, PC Line (PC World's own brand)  Data/Fax/Voice
> modem, which connects to the PC via a USB port.
>
> It works fine under Win2k [as you can see from this e-mail] and when I
> check the hardware via the Win2k device manager, the modem claims to be
> manufactured by Connexant and connected via COM3.

Are you certain that you have the right modem driver? One way of testing what
driver is needed is to run KNOPPIX and look up the driver that it uses in the
control centre. It's probing is very good and could point you in the right
direction if it happens that you are not already there.
--
Regards,

Paul Grosse

http://www.grosse.is-a-geek.com/