[Sderby] The Packard Bell.

Graham Hamblin graham at hamblin24.f9.co.uk
Mon Feb 2 06:43:08 GMT 2004

Hiyer

Thanks for the replies all very helpful.

The box would not boot from a CD with the BIOS configured even with the
CD drive from my computer.

Booting from floppies the kernel panic is caused by lack of ram only
4Mb.   So basically his box isn't up to it.   Basic Linux as suggested
could be an answer.

Surprising what I have forgotten, making floppies for bare.i and
color.gz. it's all so easy with bootable CD's.   First time I put
Slackware on, ten years ago, it came on 80 odd floppies and took a week
to get running.

Thanks again for your help guys.

Regards
Graham