[Sderby] Ideas/Requests for Meetings

Mike Hemstock hemstock at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Feb 4 19:29:08 GMT 2004

On Wednesday 04 February 2004 18:22, Ashley Heath wrote:
> The last couple of LUG meetings haven't really had any format to them,
>     we used to have regular demos or a tutorial at the meetings until
> the ideas/volunteers dried up.
>
> I think it would be a good idea to go back to some sort of structured
> meetings even if we only have a demo or tutorial every second or third
> meeting, at least it would get more people involved, does anyone have
> any ideas for new demos or projects we can all get involved in. Or maybe
> you have some expertise you could share with the group.
>
> A couple of ideas for starters, any volunteers??
> An introduction to the Linux shell commands
> Bash scripting
> Setting up a server
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> Ash

Good point Ash.  I think a good few demos would really spice the meetings up.
I can't think of anything off hand, but if anyone has any ideas, I'm willing
to give demos if I can.  Last meeting it was suggested that we watch the
channel 4 documentry on the history of hacking.  Provided that Mr. Barber is
in a good mood, I can probably bring this to the next meeting to kick us off.

Anyway, it's over to you guys, what would you like to see?

Mike.