[Sderby] Webmin

David Jolley dave at lucien.cx
Fri Feb 20 10:58:07 GMT 2004

Hi Guys (and gals),

Does anyone have any experience running webmin on a server which is
connected to the internet?  I'm looking to put webmin on one of my
servers, but I'm reticent about it being publically accessible (either
on it's known port or another port).  Has anyone got any feeling as to
how secure webmin actually is, and how it stands up to being attacked?
The machine in question isn't behind a device doing NAT, it's a machine
with a proper publically addressable IP address, although it is behind a
firewall (so I could do per-IP SYN packet throttling to limit any attacks).

Cheers,

Dave.