[Sderby] Anyone fancy a challenge?

Rob Keeling rob at rjkeeling.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Feb 21 10:52:06 GMT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Hemstock" <hemstock at tiscali.co.uk>
Sent: Saturday, February 21, 2004 5:32 AM
Subject: [Sderby] Anyone fancy a challenge?

> Folks,
>
> Do any of you folks fancy a little challenge?  I'm writing some PHP pages.
> All of the users of this will have mailmail accounts using Squirrelmail.
> would like to make the mailto: links in the code take the users to the
> compose page in SQM with the email address inserted into the To: field.
The
> PHP I'm writing requires users to be authenticated.  The account
credentials
> are synchronised between the PHP code and SQM.  I would like the users to
be
> autologged on to SQM because they will have already been authenticated by
the
> PHP pages.
>
> So far, I have figured out how to pass the email address to SQM so that it
> will be used in To:.  However, I cannot work out how to autologon SQM.
The
> logon, I assume, will be recorded using $_SESSION and $_COOKIE variables.
> have dumped the ones in use using the code:

Mike, may well be completely off at a tangent with this! Is the web server
doing the authentication?
If so, there is a squirrelmail plug in that auto-authenticates using the
username & password supplied  by
http auth. Oviously https is required for this!

Rob Keeling
Network Manager
Queen Elizabeth`s Grammar School