[Sderby] suse 8.2 crashing

Paul Grosse paul-grosse at ntlworld.com
Mon Feb 23 06:50:56 GMT 2004

If you have just installed it, go into YOU (YaST Online Update). It should
log onto the SuSE site and download any updates. I think that there has been
a recent one for Athlons (might be wrong). If you have trouble getting it to
download a list of servers, you can use the following:

ftp://ftp.leo.org/pub/comp/os/unix/linux/suse/suse
>>>-> ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/ftp.suse.com/suse
# ftp://download.sourceforge.net/pub/mirrors/suse/suse
# ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse
ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/Linux/distributions/suse/suse
ftp://ftp.rz.uni-ulm.de/pub/mirrors/suse
ftp://gd.tuwien.ac.at/linux/suse.com/suse
ftp://ftp.suselinux.hu/pub/suse
ftp://fr.rpmfind.net/linux/SUSE-LINUX

the second one works fine.

BTW, are you using the personal or professional version of 8.2?

Paul Grosse