[Sderby] suse 8.2 crashing

L Wright leigh1 at foggyfans.com
Mon Feb 23 16:41:33 GMT 2004

Thanks for the advice Paul. I had already re-installed in case the original
was bad. I have dowloaded the updates (although I couldn't see one for
athlon). The situation now is that I can use Konquerer and can open Yast2.
If I try to open OpenOffice I get a window for ooop wrapper then the system
hangs. If I try to update OpenOffice the system hangs. This is the case
with other software such as Gimp. Shell windows also crash the machine as
does trying to log off. Is there a way I can systematically troubleshoot
what is going on such as system logs/ calls etc?
Leigh