[Sderby] suse8.2 crashing

Ashley Heath ashley.heath at bigfoot.com
Tue Feb 24 18:42:17 GMT 2004

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 16:56:00 +0000
L Wright <leigh1 at foggyfans.com> wrote:

> Thanks for all your help. I would like to upgrade to suse9.0 but I don't
> want to go and spend again if I'm still going to have problems. Bearing in
> mind that I am new to linux, if I go to suse.com what files etc do I need
> to download so that I can move up to 9.0 and how do I go about the
> installation? I know this is a big ask but I would like to persevere with
> this so I can see how good linux is supposed to be.
> Thanks again
> Leigh

Hi Leigh,

Suse don't allow you to download the iso's unfortunately, so you can't burn your own cd's, but if you have a decent internet connection you can install via FTP, see links below. (Alternatively borrow a set of cd's from a friend)

http://www.suse.co.uk/uk/private/download/suse_linux/index.html

ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/current/README.FTP

Regards,
Ash